The online applications for the 2020 Recruitment are now closed and are being processed.
The ACTSES runs recruitment rounds annually, to apply, complete the form on the link below. Applications for the 2021 intake will be reviewed in February.
- A valid email address is required in order to receive up to date recruitment information.
- The ACT Working with Vulnerable People card application can take up to 21 days to process. Therefore, prospective members are advised to apply for this card as early as possible.
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required to obtain qualifications completed through the ACTSES. If you do not have a USI you can apply for one through the following link:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all enquiries.
ACTSES accepts expressions of interest from prospective members and runs one Recruit College each year, usually from May and depending on workforce requirements. This is a very competitive process; not every ACTSES Unit requires new recruits at every intake and not all applicants are deemed suitable.
There are three key phases in ACTSES recruitment:
- ACTSES Units promote volunteering opportunities in the ACT Community.
- Prospective members gain information about the role of the ACTSES through the website, conversations with members and visiting units.
- Expressions of interest are received online from prospective members.
- The recruitment phase officially opens.
- All prospective members are invited to a Come and Try Day. From this, prospective members are selected to participate in Unit visits and interviews.
- Selected prospective members participate in the ACTSES Fitness Test.
- Selected prospective members are invited to join the Recruit College. To formally join the Recruit College a prospective member must have applied for an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card and provided evidence.
- Recruit College/Training
There are two parts to the Recruit College/Training:
- Induction Program, which is mandatory for all new members, includes:
- About the ACTSES
- Asbestos Awareness
- First Aid assessment (the online course is completed prior to the Induction Program commencing)
- Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED)
- Working safely
- Land Based Floodwater Rescue
- Emergency Traffic Management
- Storm and Water Damage training is mandatory for people joining as Field Operators.